Please note that every challenge in this blog can be entered with any form of art work, not just cards. Themes may have to be slighly altered, but as long as they represent the general idea, feel free to enter.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Reads Bring New Challenge

An ideal summer for me would be time to sit out in the sun, a nice breeze to cool me off, sipping a Diet Coke and relaxing with a great book.
There are some great reads out there for this summer. I just finished Carol Higgins Clark's book Wrecked, which I had thought was her latest one, but learned there's one more now, Mobbed. I love her mysteries, she has such a great sense of humor and timing, and her books always have a fun twist to them.
So for this week's challenge: A good read deserves a great bookmark. My book mark is a part of the card, whose edge has been scored for easy tear-off,  I stamped and colored a Whiff of Joy image, Melinda Reading Book, with Copics. I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 5.5"x10.5", and scored it at 4.25" and 8.5". After embellishing the card inside and out, I folded in the 2" piece, which became my bookmark, first, then folded my card in half. I like the summery colors I used, and can't wait to gift a good friend witht his card and bookmark!
Now it's your turn.  Make a bookmark, any style, any image, any medium. Link it to the blog with a suggestion of a good book to read this summer and the sun just may smile on one lucky random winner! If you don't have a blog, email me at patacake1956@yahoo.com with your photo and suggestion for the same chance at a prize.


To inspire you to read a new book and get your creative juices going, here are the DT's takes on what to use to save your place in your books:

Debbie recommends sitting outside with "The Glass Castle: A Memoir" by
Jeannette Walls.


Pammie recommends any romance novel by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss for a good summer read.



Here are a few more bookmarks to inspire your lazy summer days.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Just leave a little love and consider being a follower; better yet join us!